From 10:30 am until 3:00 pm
At Highland Arts & Crafts LLC
Mixed Media Mayhem
**Notice: Date Change - This Program has been moved from June to JULY! Thank you! **
We will learn about drawing, painting, collage and more in this mixed media summer program. This is a great opportunity to explore a variety of art materials and projects. We will be doing a lot of improv this week and will allow your child a lot of creative freedom with most of our projects after showing techniques and exploring different styles of art.
Your child can then pick a theme of their choice: a favorite show, nature, ocean, animals etc. and they will spend the week designing art projects around their subject of choice while learning and practicing all types of projects.
Projects can include collage, textured art, paint on canvas, melted wax, pencil/pastel drawings, polymer, plaster/3d, collage works, art journaling, upcycled art and more. We'll incorporate fun "found items" and other pieces as well.
We will explore the 7 elements of art (line, shape, texture, color, etc.) in a fun way.
The images below are examples of mixed media art projects for this age range to give you an idea of what is possible.
Your child will have fun participating in activities that engage both sides of the brain, open the mind and promote creative thinking skills - a benefit in daily life, not just for art!
- We meet each day from 10:30 - 3:00pm Tuesday - Friday
- We will have lunch outdoors when weather allows to give the kids some fresh air and sunshine!
- Your child will need a water bottle / sack lunch. We will provide one snack and drink per day. If your child has food sensitivies please pack an appropriate snack for them.
- Friday is an ice cream party!
- A parent will need to come in to sign paperwork the first day or arrange to fill it out in advance. Parents or guardians are required to come into the studio for pickups. Thanks for understanding!