From 11:00 am until 3:30 pm
10 spaces available.
Ages 11 to 14.
Tuesday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Children should bring a sack lunch each day except for Friday.
Cost: Early registration (by April 30th) is $135 per child after that $150 includes all project materials, t-shirt, daily snack/drink, and a "friday feast" where we'll have pizza and also sample foods from the places we explored throughout the week.
Once you register, we will need your child's name, age and t-shirt size.
Summer Art Program Itinerary / Projects for July
We will present fun facts and information throughout our projects that are age appropriate. We hope your child will come home and share interesting tidbits with you that they pick up along the way. Art is a wonderful way to explore and it makes learning fun!
Several of these projects are similar to the 6 - 10 group, but will be more more advanced/detailed versions of the projects.
- Sunset Shirts - we'll apply dye to our shirts to create a sunset and then when they dry, we'll use stencils to apply silhouettes of our favorite animal from the African savannahs or from Australia. We'll choose animals in advance and learn some facts about them and where they live etc. If your child attended the June session, we will let them do a different t-shirt project if they like. This is the only project we are duplicating in June and July.
- Chinese Dragons - We'll use a variety of materials including solo cups, streamers and other items to construct a dragon marionette style puppet.
- Nesting Dolls - This project is inspired by Russian/Ukranian nesting dolls. We'll give each child a blank set and let them use their own imagination to create a set of dolls: some ideas include animals, super heroes, or traditional dolls.
- Mandalas - We'll use stencils and dotting tools to learn how to create intricate Indian mandala art pieces.
- Theater Masks - Inspired by ancient Greece we'll use paint and other materials to create custom masks that convey emotion.
Throughout the four days we'll also have other "mini activities", games and open studio time for kids who finish their projects early or just need a little break now and then.
Our friday feast will feature food samples from the regions/countries we cover in addition to a pizza party. These treats will be announced at a later date.
- Early registration (by April 30th) is $135 per child. After that the price goes up to $150. We only have 10 spaces available and two guides to ensure every attendee has a positive experience.
- Cancellations are possible up to one week before the camp starts and will be issued as store credit or your class may be transferred to another party, but you will need to inform us of the change. We do not issue refunds if it is less than two weeks prior. We strive to be transparent and fair in our policies.
- Age limits are a bit fluid, for example if your 10 year old wants to attend the 11 to 14 session with an older sibling or an 11 year old with a younger sibling - we'll work with you.
- If your child has any food sensitivities or allergies you will be required to send them an alternate snack.
We have a zero tolerance policy for disruptive behavior and bullying. Parents will be notified if there is an issue and may be asked to remove their child from the studio early if the behavior persists.
Bullying, swearing, screaming or physical aggression is an automatic and permanent removal from the program. We strive to create a safe, nurturing atmosphere for every child.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have prior to registration.
Register for this event
Enter your details below