From 11:00 am until 3:30 pm
Six spaces available.
Ages 11 to 14.
Tuesday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Children should bring a sack lunch each day except for Friday.
Cost: $140 per child. Includes all project materials, t-shirt, daily snack/drink, and a "friday feast" where we'll have pizza and also sample foods from the places we explored throughout the week.
Once you register, we will need your child's name, age and t-shirt size.
Summer Art Program Itinerary / Projects
We will present fun facts and information throughout our projects that are age appropriate. We hope your child will come home and share interesting tidbits with you that they pick up along the way. Art is a wonderful way to explore and it makes learning fun!
- Sunset Shirts - we'll apply dye to our shirts to create a sunset and then when they dry, we'll use stencils to apply silhouettes of our favorite animal from the African savannahs or from Australia. We'll choose animals in advance and learn some facts about them and where they live etc.
- Sugar Skulls - A tradition in Mexico as part of their annual "Day of the Dead" celebration. We'll paint and decorate wood cutouts and discuss the tradition of honoring our ancestors in Mexico and in other cultures as well.
- Henna Hands - Henna body painting (Mehndi) is a beautiful and complex art form. This traditional designs of this ancient tradition have been used to celebrate weddings, births, and religious holidays. We will do plaster casts of your child's hand and then once they are dry paint them using stencils and a variety of design tools.
- Mosaics - an important part of Roman history, mosaics were used to decorate floors and walls in both homes and temples. We'll create our own mosaic patterns then learn how to cut glass and arrange a variety of items into a unique piece. (safety glasses/gloves provided)
- Irish/Celtic Knot Jewelry - We'll learn to create unique bracelets and necklaces (unisex) using knotting techniques with hemp or paracord and other decorative elements.
Throughout the four days we'll also have other "mini activities", games and open studio time for those who finish their projects early or just need a little break now and then.
Our friday feast will feature food samples from the regions/countries we cover in addition to a pizza party. These treats will be announced at a later date.
- Early registration (before June 30th) is $140 per child. After that the price goes up to $150. We only have 6 spaces available and two guides to ensure every attendee has a positive experience and that we can maintain strong cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Cancellations are possible up to one week before the camp starts and will be issued as store credit or your class may be transferred to another party, but you will need to inform us of the change. We do not issue refunds if it is less than two weeks prior. We strive to be transparent and fair in our policies.
- Age limits are a bit fluid, for example if your 10 year old wants to attend the 11 to 14 session with an older sibling or an 11 year old with a younger sibling - we'll work with you.
- If your child has any food sensitivities or allergies you will be required to send them an alternate snack.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for disruptive behavior and bullying. Children who engage in behavior that has a negative impact on the experience of other attendees may be required to leave early and no refund will be issued.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have prior to registration. You will need to come in with your child the first day to sign a waiver and fill out emergency contact information. We will also go over our sanitation procedures. Your child will be provided with a disposable mask for use in any projects where we can't maintain proper social distance (plaster casting for example takes two people)